Last weekend I attended the first part of the Photography Workshop at IPF. This time we are a bigger group than at Restart: 10 of us. We started a bit slow, but gradually picked up pace and Sunday was a fine day. Photographer Nuno Lobito teaches in a most peculiar way. He intersperses his vast technical knowledge with stories of his own life and travels. He shares a lot, something that is not common. I’m doing my best to absorb as much as I can. Some of what I heard was not new, having already taken his initiation workshop, but there is always new stuff to be learned.
Among the topics touched were the following:
• How to pack your photographic equipment
• What to pack in you travel suitcase
• Practical tips on approaching people
• Several technical aspects of photography
• Resources on the web for cheap travel, accommodation, and gear
I am looking forward to next Saturday, when we’ll be having an outing. We will be visiting and photographing a well known and ancient street fair in Lisbon.
I leave you with a video of Nuno Lobito in action in Jordan. I hope to get a glimpse of this soon.